Competition for the position of stereographer
Creators interested in creating challenging narrative S3D forms are invited to participate.
In order to participate in the competition you need to:
- Read the REGULATIONS of the competition
- Prepare and send to KONKURSY@szkolafilmowawlodzi.pl the documents required by the regulations:
- curriculum vitae with documents confirming the experience required to participate in the competition
- portfolio of creative achievements to date
- justification for the choice of the medium
- fill in the APPLICATION FORM
We invite you to participate in the competition!
Rules of the competition for the position of stereographer in the artistic and research program of S3D vnLab Studio
§ I. Organizer and goal of the contest
The organizer of the competition for the position of stereographer/stereographer in the artistic-research program of the S3D vnLab in 2020 (hereinafter referred to as “the Competition”) is the Leon Schiller National Higher School of Film, Television, and Theatre in Łódź, Laboratory of Visual Narrations with its headquarters at 61/63 Targowa Street in Łódź, 90-323 (hereinafter referred to as “the Organizer”). The goal of the competition for the position of stereographer is to select a person responsible for supervising and creatively contributing to the research process planned by the S3D Studio at the Laboratory.
§ II. Participation in the S3D Laboratory Program
The S3D Lab will complete a series of visual experiments over the course of the four-year program focusing on the artistic potential of stereoscopy in stop-motion techniques. This material will be a multimedia element of a handbook, which will be created as a form of publication of the results of research conducted in the studio, and it will describe the potential, difficulties, and possibilities offered by the registration of three-dimensional images in stop-motion animation. From the material recorded as part of the experiments conducted by the S3D studio, one closed Audiovisual work will be finally edited. The stereographer/stereographer will be responsible for substantive supervision and creative contribution to the research project in the area of stereoscopy. The schedule includes 15 research sessions. Shooting is planned to begin in January 2020 and will continue through December 2022 with a frequency of 1 shooting week per two months (5 research sessions per year).
§ III. Rules of participation in the Contest
- The Competition is open to natural and legal persons who have experience in the field of stereoscopy, in particular, are co-authors of a film work screened at an international festival and are able to demonstrate artistic achievements in the field of stereoscopy. Persons and entities acting jointly (teams of authors) are subject to the provisions concerning the Competition candidate, participant, and winner, respectively.
- In order to participate in the Competition, an application must be submitted to the Organizer including:
- a completed and submitted application form available HERE, and containing:
- name and surname or name of the candidate for the Competition,
- Candidate’s residence or registered office address,
- telephone number and email address,
- declaration: “I agree to participate in the competition to participate in the S3D Studio program as a stereographer/stereographer for 2020 vnLab and accept its rules and regulations”,
- curriculum vitae with documents confirming the experience referred to in paragraph 1 above.
- a portfolio of past stereoscopic creative achievements (with particular emphasis on stop-motion animation). The portfolio may include links to film works and other multimedia content. If the candidate wishes, he/she may provide files on a storage medium.
- Justification: Why is the medium of stereoscopy of interest to you? All documents listed above, prepared in PDF format, and labeled [name]-[“CV” or “portfolio” or “script” or “rationale”]-2019.pdf, should be addressed to KONKURSY@szkolafilmowawlodzi.pl with the phrase “Application – Competition for the position of stereographer/stereographer in the S3D vnLab art and research program” in the title of the email.
- a completed and submitted application form available HERE, and containing:
- The deadline for submission of applications is November 25, 2019. Upon receipt of a complete entry, the Organizer will confirm acceptance of the entry to the Competition to the email address provided in the form.
- In order for the application to be considered successfully sent, the submitted files must be able to be read correctly.
- Each candidate for the Contest may submit only one application to the Contest.
- Making an incorrect application may result in the candidate’s exclusion from the Contest.
- Submitting an application is voluntary and means, in particular:
- acceptance and full acceptance of the provisions of these Regulations,
- consent to processing the applicant’s personal data for purposes related to the conduct, documentation, and promotion of the Competition. Clauses concerning the processing of personal data constitute Appendix No. … to these Regulations.
- to grant the Organizer, free of charge, a non-exclusive right, unlimited as to time and territory, to use and dispose of the submitted documentation of the Projects in all fields of exploitation, which especially includes the production of copies of the documentation by any technique and on any medium, marketing, public performance, exhibition, display, reproduction, broadcasting and rebroadcasting, as well as making the work available to the public in such a way that everyone can access it in a place and at a time individually chosen by them, including making it available via a computer network (especially Internet).The Organizer obtains these rights upon receiving the documentation of the Projects. These rights can be used only for documentation purposes, as well as for promotion and advertising of the Contest, as well as in informing about the Contest and reporting its progress.
§ IV. Settlement of the Competition
- There are two stages of the Contest. All contestants will be informed by phone and by May (by December 5, 2019) about the settlement of the first stage.
- The jury will evaluate the contestants taking into account in particular:
- Candidate’s experience (submitted film works).
- Justification of the creator(s) why he/she would like to realize the Project in the form of an S3D experience (awareness of the medium),
previous festival achievements of the creator/creators.
- In the second stage, the Jury will select three candidates from the submissions and interview them. The date of the meeting will be set together with the candidate after the settlement of the first stage.
- The results of the Competition will be announced on the Organizer’s website by 15.12.2019. The Organizer will inform the winners about the results of the Contest by e-mail, to the e-mail address indicated in the application form.
§ V. Clarifications to the statutory requirements
- In the course of the Contest, persons and entities, including author teams, who intend to participate in the Contest or who have made a successful application to the Contest, may contact the Organizer with questions related to the conditions of participation in the Contest, on the terms specified in this paragraph.
- The questions referred to in paragraph 1 above should be sent by e-mail to: KONKURSY@szkolafilmowawlodzi.pl and indicate the first and last name of the inquiring person.
- Questions related to the conditions of participation in the contest should be sent no later than November 18, 2019. These questions will be answered by the Organizer no later than November 20, 2019.
- The Organizer’s answers referred to in paragraph 3 above will be provided by publishing them on the Contest website.
- The published answers referred to in paragraph 4 above will be treated equally to the provisions of these Regulations in terms of the requirements for the Project.
- Questions sent after the deadline provided for in paragraph 3 above will not be answered.
§ VI. Jury
- Members of the Jury are appointed and dismissed by the Organizer’s Artistic Council.
- The Jury will assess the Candidates on the basis of their experience and other requirements contained in the present Rules and Regulations, as well as the answers provided by the Organiser, as referred to in § IV.4 of the Rules and Regulations.
- Decisions of the Jury are made by a simple majority of votes in the presence of the majority of Jury members.
- Decisions of the Jury cannot be appealed.
§ VII. Copyrights
- The winner is the participant of the Contest, who, based on the Jury’s decision, has been included in the artistic and research program of the S3D vnLab Studio for the year 2020.
- All rights to the creative work created within the artistic-research program of the S3D Studio will be, based on a separate agreement, transferred to the lead producer of the project, which is the Leon Schiller National Higher School of Film, Television, and Theatre, by virtue of which the Organizer acquires all copyrights to the final work, covering all fields of exploitation known at the moment, and in particular:
- production by any technique of copies (including printing, reprography, magnetic recording, and digital technique, in any system or format; on any media, uploading, downloading), digitalization,
- marketing, lending or leasing of the original or copies,
- public performance, exhibition, display, reproduction and broadcast (wireless or wire, by terrestrial station or by satellite) and rebroadcast, in any system, technique or format, as well as making the work available to the public in such a way that everyone can access it from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, making available as video-on-demand, webcasting, simulcasting, as well as making available through the use of streaming technology, high definition technology (HD), three-dimensional technology (3D) and VR technology, as well as within the framework of any telecommunication services with the use of any systems and devices (among others. including but not limited to cell phones, fixed and/or mobile computers, as well as transmissions using any available technologies e.g. GSM, UMTS, etc, by means of telecommunication data transmission networks),
- use in multimedia work,
- entering into the memory of a computer or other device, making it available through a computer network (including, in particular, the Internet, multimedia networks, and IPTV), as well as making available the possibility of reproduction through a computer network.
- The winner transfers onto the Organizer the exclusive and time- and territory-limited right to authorize the execution of derivative copyrights to the final work created in the S3D vnLab and all the materials created for its needs, in the fields of exploitation listed in point 5, especially to authorize the disposal and use of their elaboration. The Winner also undertakes not to undertake actions limiting this right in the future.
- The Winner authorizes the Organizer to exercise his/her personal copyright to the final work created in the S3D vnLab and undertakes not to exercise his/her personal rights in a manner limiting the Organizer in the exercise of its rights to the said works. The previous sentence refers particularly to the decision to make the works available to recipients (the public).
- The Organizer undertakes to make the final work available to the public in an open-access format as part of the vnLab digital publishing series at the Library and Film Information Centre of PWSFTviT in Lodz.
- The winner retains the right to use the above-mentioned materials for their own portfolio of creative achievements.
§ VIII. Final Provisions
- The Organiser decides on all matters not reserved for the Jury. The Organiser shall resolve any doubts concerning the interpretation of the present Rules and Regulations.
- The present Rules and Regulations have been prepared in Polish and English language versions. In case of any doubt, the Polish version shall prevail.
- In case of any disputes, the competent court is the common court according to the seat of the Organizer.